Paramilitary

Ambush In Chhattisgarh’s Kondagaon: Security Forces Intercept Maoists, Seize Weapons and Uniforms

Ambush In Chhattisgarh’s Kondagaon: Security Forces Intercept Maoists, Seize Weapons and Uniforms

During a search of the encounter site, forces recovered two country-made firearms, Maoist uniforms, propaganda literature, bags (Image courtesy: AI pic)

Avatar photo
  • Published August 17, 2025 1:05 pm
  • Last Updated August 17, 2025

An ambush erupted in the late hours of Thursday between security forces and Naxal groups in the dense forests near the villages of Kohkameta and Nalajhar area of Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh. The Superintendent of Police of the Keshkal police area in Kondagaon, Y Akshay Kumar, sent out a joint team from the Bastar Fighters, District Reserve Guard (DRG), and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) after receiving clear information about Maoists being in the region.

At about 10:30 pm, a group of 10 to 12 Maoists, carrying automatic weapons, set up the ambush for the team. The attackers began firing, in the hope of stealing weapons. The security team was quick in its response as it took cover and shot back. The gunfight lasted for several minutes.

Eventually, the Maoists ran away into the thick forest leveraging the night to escape.

Were any injuries reported during the ambush?

During the shooting, a villager, passing by, was hit by a bullet. He was first taken to Baheram Hospital, then moved to Kondagaon District Hospital. His condition is now said to be stable. None of the security personnel was hurt in the intense gunfight.

Following the late night gunfight, security forces searched the area and found two local made guns, Maoist uniforms, some literature, bags, and medicine. The belongings show that the Maoists had been staying in the region and were planning more action, Times of India reported.

What did the police say about the ambush?

Sub-Divisional Police Officer Satish Bhargav, who handles Naxal operations, said the search for the Maoists continues, and they are expediting search operations so that the groups cannot get together again. SP Kumar also said that they are using helicopters and more DRG officers to help search the forests of Kohkameta and Nalajhar.

The police have asked local people in nearby villages to stay alert and tell them if they see anything unusual. Officials say the quick response and what they found at the site show the government’s commitment to stopping Maoist activities in Bastar’s remaining troubled areas.

Avatar photo
Written By
RNA Desk

RNA Desk is the collective editorial voice of RNA, delivering authoritative news and analysis on defence and strategic affairs. Backed by deep domain expertise, it reflects the work of seasoned editors committed to credible, impactful reporting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *